Thursday, September 13, 2007

Live the fantasy!



That's a cheesy travel ad for some Carribean island, but lately, I've been living my fantasy life: loving my job, writing a book that somehow comments on the culture (which is something I've kind of inarticulately wanted to do since I was 11), living in Italy, dating, getting in shape....again, all I have to say is: KANA HARRA!

Okay, got that out of my system. For the purposes of increasing the chances that yet another fantasy will be realized, I've decided that I will record it in this blog, and put it out into the world. The fantasy is this: My book becomes a best seller, and I earn enough money to buy a 400 square foot trailer on the beach somewhere in Montauk or Napeague. The trailer will have a skylight, a deck (with a screened in portion), an outdoor shower, a hammock; a small but functional kitchen in steel with a half-stove/refrigerator combo, sink and island; living room/bedroom with an Italian sofa, very minimalist, in burnt orange/red, that converts to a bed, and a coffee table that serves as the dining table. Can't you just picture it all? And of course, guests will be very welcome, even if you have to sleep on the screened in porch on an aerobed.

I like to make my fantasies doable. This could be.
Ciao--
Paola

No comments: