Sunday, June 1, 2008

The sunniest my bedroom gets





at around 2 pm, I get a bit of direct sun in the bedroom I'm so happy whenever I happen to be home for it. The better to show off the bit of redecorating I've been doing. I had a painting of a nude over my bed which my friend MP kept referring to as "Lonely Girl." She felt like the woman was bad sexual karma. I had never seen it that way. To me, the painting, which was of a girl lying in a field, evoked the memory of where I bought it (in Northhampton, Mass, with an old, old boyfriend), and I liked the curves of her body and colors. I never thought of it as lonely or anything else. In any case, she's been persisting, so I took it down and in its place, put a beautiful map of Naples and hung a new print over my desk--a watercolor of the church of Santa Maria d Trastevere, which is beautiful and was about one minute from where I lived in Rome last year.

Some milestones today:
149!
Ran around the reservoir 2 and 1/4 times. Which was EASY.
Ciao--
Paola
P.S.
Check out my poppy new shower curtain, from the hardware store for $13!

No comments: