Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vice Presidential Debate Rating

Wow. This was a good debate (at least comparatively). I was extremely impressed with Biden, but my favorite moment was Sarah Palin's Freudian slip: When she said "McCain should leave" instead of "McCain should lead..."

Palin was decent. There is a definite sharpness to her--she was clearly able to keep a lot of recently tutored facts in her head. Which makes her all the more scary.

Biden was terrific--I like him 100 percent better than I did before--and his voice breaking when he talked about his kids and the car accident was both poignant and actually a great way to quash Palin's "I'm a hardworking mom!" schtick!

But it was refreshing to watch a debate in which issues were actually addressed, questions answered, important causes talked about, like Darfour.
Ciao bambini--
Paola

No comments: