Friday, May 4, 2007

same day, different mood






Well, after my food-buying bonanza, the sun came out and things looked different. I took a stroll by the river to Castello S. Angelo, which I think is actually the mausoleum of Hadrian (I have to read up on that). A wonderful place--and I'd never been there. Incredible art, frescoes and views of St. Peter's and all of Rome (see above). Got within very close ranged of the Vatican, but blanched at all the tourists. Been there, done that--the art is wonderful, but the experience is stressful. Maybe I'll force myself to go one more time before I leave.

Tomorrow night, I signed up for a wine tasting evening at a place called the International Wine Academy of Rome--super Tuscans! Feels nice to have a structured weekend plan.

Buona sera!!
Paola

No comments: