Saturday, August 16, 2008

serious sexpertise needed





So, I had an extremely positive meeting with Bantam's ace publicity team, who many have told me are the "best in the business." I'm excited, scared, and trying to stay realistic, practical and as always, keep my expectations very low. (I'm Jewish, what can I say?) All of which is to say I have to get my butt in gear (among other body parts) and step up my Become a Sexpert project. That entails: A) losing at least 10 pounds, ideally 20. B) Toning up all over (I ran for a half hour today--my iphone rocks out when it comes to helping me exercise and even looking forward to it. Every run is a chance to listen to the latest new songs I've downloaded. I'm making my way through the 1960s, happily, from the Yardbirds to the Stones to Janice to Petula Clark! With a bit of Kanye West thrown in, to get me really moving.) C) Getting comfortable talking about my book, and what it taught me about women and sex D) Getting comfortable being on TV, preferably without the help of sedating drugs (kidding!), and enjoying my life as a happy single woman in New York City, who is wide open to love.

Above, sunsets from this summer, thus far. Block Island and Montauk are still TK.

Baci, amici--
Paola

P.S. I'm reading the galleys of my book right now and it feels so wonderful to see the stories in print--I really like the type they used. Maybe it's Garamond, which I've always liked. Anyway, is it a good sign that despite reading each of these essays upward of, oh, 30 times, I still get involved and deeply engaged with all of them, still laugh or cringe or sigh? Or am I just prejudiced on my own book's behalf? I guess it's my baby after all, and parents are always biased when it comes to their children.

No comments: