Monday, March 10, 2008

Spitzer, man.....

WHAT IS IT WITH THE MALE SPECIES, that's what I want to know! I can't understand this, no matter how I look at it. Why didn't he just have an ordinary affair? Why risk his career (because he now has to leave politics) to have sex with a $4600 prostitute--and pay for the transaction with a credit card!? A friend and I were talking about the concept of paying nearly 5K for a little less than 2 hours of sex and decided that the only possible way we'd pay something like that for sex is if it was with George Clooney and it took place on a beach in Tahiti--for a WEEK.

Does power make a man sexually voracious? Does sexual voracity make a man powerful? Are men just scum, deep down? (Not you, dad, and all the guys I know and love--I'm excluding you all.)
Ciao--
Paola

5 comments:

Blueeyes said...

All good questions, but one more: what's up with the choice to do stuff like this by people in power? I'm not comparing this to Clinton's BJ in the Oval office, because this was not just sex, this was illegal. But still, what is it about power that has people, mostly men, make such stupid decisions? Spitzer, whatshisname with the toe tapping in the men's room, Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich (having an affair while pushing for Clinton's impeachment), etc.

Blueeyes said...

oops, didn't mean to say that only men get into trouble when in power!

Billy said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Paola dear. At least I'm hoping I'm included among those men you know and love! I'm guessing Eliot Spitzer would not pay 4600 for sex with George Clooney regardless.
As to why...personally I think with power comes a sense of entitlement that blinds one to ordinary normal morality. I think the guy figured, he knows exactly how he prosecuted people who laundered money and set up prostitution rings, he knows how to evade it. And he gets entitled to the sex he wants how and when he wants it. I think the higher the office, the greater the number of bathrooms people should be obligated to clean.
Billy

Paula said...

Billy! Of COURSE you were included in the list of men I know and love. When can I see you?

Billy said...

soon I hope...Rosalind has the flu now, though, so have to wait until she's better.