Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Premature reward-ation







I'm turning in the book on Monday! I can't believe it. I'm almost, almost there, all the essays in and edited or nearly so--just 2 more need any revising. Starting to get feedback, which has all been positive, but then again, I've only given it to those who are inclined to react that way. I'll wait for the criticism when it's public, in the newspaper. YIKES. I've had all kinds of negative review fantasies and I'm sure I'll have many, many more before the actual reviews come out.
In any case, I wrote the headline for this blog in reference to the fact that I have been feeling extremely celebratory this week, and have been doing indulgent things like filling the house with roses (not as expensive as it sounds!), shopping for a serious watch (they were much nicer in Fortunoff's than in Tourneau, I'll tell you that) and basically spending a bunch of money before I actually have it.

But, the biggest reward, I think, has been the chance to do this book, throw myself into a project I feel passionately about, that enabled me to live in Rome for two months, and allowed me to work with all of these smart, amazing writers who are brave enough to make their sex life available for public consumption. That deserves a bouquet of roses or two, no?
Ciao amici--

Paola
P.S. Also booked a trip to a spa in Utah today--it's called Red Mountain Spa, it's near Bryce and Zion and it's amazing--and a bizarrely incredible value: $250 a day, including all meals and $100 toward a treatment. That's me on the balcony in front of our room last december. I was happy at that very moment, but it really strikes me: BOY am I happier now than I was at this time last year.

No comments: