Thursday, July 10, 2008

A bad day turned into a good day

I woke up this morning in the same foggy, grumpy mood I've been in since after 4th of July weekend, then grouched my way into the office, and almost immediately got an email from my editor asking for me to meet with the publicity team. Apparently, they have the head of publicity and 2 others on my book, so I think they're trying to do something with it. Maybe? Anyway, that made me shift from blue to neutral, then I had a nice lunch in Bryant Park and was able to enjoy the beautiful day (I have to do that more!!!), then I got an email announcing that SELF's "self expression" column, which I edit (it's the personal essays) won a Clarion journalism award. Then, finally, a nice phone conversation with my sister. Then I was able to leave work by 6:15 or so, pick up groceries at Gourmet garage, then go for a run at the time of day when the light around the reservoir is most beautiful (around 7:15 or so, these days), then come home and put together an Italian antipasto plate for dinner, followed by fresh watermelon for dessert, plus phone calls with friends. Now I'm about to get into bed with a new book: The galleys of An American Wife, the new novel by Curtis Sittenfeld that imagines what it would be like to be married to a man very much like George Bush. (Scary.)

All adds up to a very good day.
Buona notte amici--
Paola

No comments: