Sunday, July 27, 2008

Half-way to ninety




















That's how I've been oh-so-optimistcally referring to my upcoming 45th birthday. The good news is that I had an amazingly relaxing, restorative weekend in one of my favorite places in the world, on one of my favorite beaches in the world, on one of my favorite porches in the world--namely, the porch of the Sunrise Guesthouse where I spent hours drinking coffee, gossiping, reading and looking at the ocean this past weekend in celebration of said upcoming day-of-birth. Mine.

Had much lobster, in many forms (on hot dog buns, nestled in hard shells and soft), lots of ice cream, got sandy, freckled and even went for a run. What could be better, especially when accompanied by such good friends?

Ciao, amici! I'm looking forward to launching into birthday week.
Paola

No comments: