Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the human body is an amazing thing


It's only been 48 hours ago and my wounds are healing nicely. Now it just looks like I have a giant cold sore over my lip, instead of a big scab. But my lip is almost back to normal size and I'm feeling less shell-shocked after my fall. The big relief, though, was getting my taxes done--I've been stressing about it because of the book, but it didn't turn out to be that hard getting everything together--except I had to bring everything to the office to force myself to put it all together. There's something about sitting in my comfy, cozy, colorful apartment that just made me want to put off doing my taxes, and put it off, and put it off.

Above, photos of Bettina and Martin's cute kids, Lily and Asher. (Asher is wearing a knight costume--just cuz he wanted to.) He was very cute: He said, "Mommy, I'm going to go upstairs and come back down a different person!" Ah, to be 5 again.

Ciao--
Paola

2 comments:

MP Dunleavey said...

Yes, I would like to change costumes sometimes! you know, i don't know why they are in houston. does bettina teach there?

Paula said...

They're in Houston because Martin, her husband, grew up there and practices law there and is running for a judgeship there--his parents are there, brothers, etc. Bettina used to practice law; now is writing and has sold a bunch of essays.