Sunday, February 17, 2008

Serious work ahead



So, the next month is going to be devoted to revising (or asking writers to revise) various essays. Not the most fun process--as an editor, I'm not used to (nor do I love) being edited. But I'm plunging in with hope and faith that this will only make the book sharper. To make the process less onerous, and to create an environment that feels like a "work at home" environment, I spiffed up my desk/home office area. I've decluttered, added some greenery and flowers, cute little containers and all kinds of things that help disguise the fact that there is no light in here (including environmentally incorrect full spectrum bulbs. So, I worked on the book for several hours today and plan to put in about four more tomorrow--it now feels as if I have a home office that I'm happy to be sitting in and that's motivating.

Ciao, belli!
Paola

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Hope working from home is working out for you! I always need extra motivation to do so. Keep us updated on what you're doing- hope all is well.