Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!














Today is my 44th birthday, a nice even number, smack in the middle of my life. (I could see living to 88, most of my grandparents did.)
Life is good.
Shared the weekend with friends at our favorite Montauk digs, the Sunrise Guesthouse. The forecast was forboding: thunderstorms from Friday afternoon to Sunday. Never happened. We spent the entire time on the beach, going for walks and swimming (water was warm and not too rough). Had lobster at Duryea's a dockside byob place on a bay, ate pancakes and ice cream cones, did yoga on the sand. (It was very SELF-y in some ways--and un SELF-y in others, I must admit.
This weekend has some pain in it, because my birthday (or the night before) was my anniversary with the ex. But I felt surrounded by people who cared about me, grateful for the found-sunny weekend, and excited about the next few months finishing up the book. I'm actually almost there--I have 28 essays in! Need to buckle down and finish up, but it feels like pleasure, not business.

I would like to find love this year, or at least get to flirt a lot!
Ciao amici--
Paola

5 comments:

Blueeyes said...

Beautiful pictures -- and you look BEAUTIFUL! and so very very young -- no different than you did in fifth grade.

Paula said...

You're just prejudiced! But I appreciate the compliment, honey!

Blueeyes said...

I'm not prejudiced. I'm telling the truth as I see it.

Spoon of life said...

Tantiiii augurriiii a teeee
Tanti augurriii a teeee
Tanti Auguriiii cara Paulaaaaa
Tanti augurriiii a teeeee


YEAH!!! BUON COMPLEANNO!!!

Paula said...

Thanks, Maria--Do you really have the same birthday song in Italy, with the same tune, as we do?

I'm around on Sunday if you and Stefano want to get a coffee or apertivo.

Ciao!
Paola/Paula