Monday, July 16, 2007

Only Connect


Major weekend this past weekend. My best friend got married. And is having a baby. Major life milestone--for her and for me, since she is my travel buddy and go-to girl for all of life's crises and pleasures, big and small alike. It obviously brings to mind that I am beginning again, relationship-wise. (That's Pam, me, Pam's sister Reesa and our friend-from-Houston Bettina.) But the nice thing about being boyfriendless (for the moment) is that I have really connected with friends in a way that feels meaningful. I have more emotional energy to devote to them--and to devote to myself and my life. Have had several long, wine-filled evenings with old friends and it was nice to talk about everything going on in my life rather than just focus on The Relationship. It's very easy to forget how good it feels to hang with your closest friends when you're coping with the ups and downs of love.
In any case, amo mi amici!
Ciao--
Paola

2 comments:

Spoon of life said...

Friendships are just the best...I would do anything for my friends!!!

PS: it's Amo i miei amici ;)

Buona giornata:)

Paula said...

grazie mille, Maria!
I can't wait to see your play in September.
xoxo