Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Babies and cherry blossoms












Two of my favorite things. That's my friend Diana's boy, Sebastian, who is 10 months. Diana is my friend who introduced me to the pleasures of Italian life; she lived in Rome for 10 years and along the way, after years of visiting her, I fell in love with Rome and with Italy. Now she is in L.A., too far away, but is visiting her home town of Park Slope for a week.

The other photos show me in a very unusual state: out of bed and ready to run around the cherry-blossom dotted Central Park Reservoir before 8 AM in the morning. I've been meeting my friend Allan who comes over from the east side, and we make our way around the reservoir while I listen to his dating foibles (hopefully, I'll have a few of my own to write about one day soon). Anyway, that's me, looking surprisingly awake and happy. It must be spring!

Ciao--4 more days until Roma!!!!
Paola

No comments: