Monday, April 21, 2008

A motorino ride in the rain

Tonight, Gianni, Federica and I had dinner at Gusto, a New York-y kind of restaurant with lots of good wines by the glass and of course, good pizza. We went by scooter, which I'm sure was way more exciting for me than it was for my friends, but I love zipping around the streets of Rome by night, as long as I'm not the one doing the driving.

Had a wonderful day walking to all my favorite roman sites: the forum, the ghetto, Campo Di Fiore, Piazza Navona, Trastevere (where I got a nice wave and a Salve! from the guy who owns the store across from where I used to live on Via della Scalla. He's still there, sitting out front, kibbutzing, or whatever the Italian word for that is. And of course, made my way to the Spanish steps, did a teeny bit of shopping, had pizza, gelato at Giolitti and am now back home safe and sound as the rain pounds outside.

When I return to NYC, I will post all the accompanying photos. But for now, to bed!

Buona notte!

No comments: