Sunday, April 27, 2008

A sunny afternoon in Stintino

As often happens in Italy, things get a bit dicey on Sundays, and the bus I thought I was going to take this morning to Sassari en route to Alghero doesn't actually leave til 3:30. So the lovely Rita at Il Silvestrino said I could stay in my room all day (would NEVER happen in the states), so I'm enjoying a final leisurely few hours. Bought some provisions for a little picnic including fresh strawberries that look absolutely amazing, and will have lunch on my terrace, then maybe take a final walk to the beach before I head out.

Things are really waking up around here today. It's a national holiday on Monday so the Italians have descended and stores are opening up. Fortunately for my wallet, there isn't much to buy, though the gold and coral jewelry this island specializes in is beautiful. But I'm going to wait til I get to Alghero where there is more choice.

Okay, time to get away from the computer and enjoy the afternoon.
Ciao, ciao!
Paola

2 comments:

Spoon of life said...

I stopped by to see how things were going and I see that you're in ITALY!!!
Brava!!!
I hope you're having a great time...
hos is your Italian my friend?! I'm sure you're doing great!!!

I'm about to go to London with Baaahhh!!! but I won't have time to stop by in Italy...say hi to "her" from me...

Ciao Paula...divertiti!!!

Paula said...

Hey Maria--Good for you. Italy was molto buono, as always, and I even studied a bit while I was there...
Let's talk soon!
xoxo