Friday, April 18, 2008

A radical proposal


I am not bringing my computer to Italy. The decision was made for me, after much indecision then a decisive tipping today toward bringing it. I'm trying to fly with only a small carry on and a tote (for two weeks!) and I absolutely cannot lug it--it's just too much stuff. (Is this what they mean by getting old?

I'm going to pack lightly, live lightly (or try, anyway), read, and write the old fashioned way, in a notebook.

(This isn't as radical as it sounds; my friend is bringing his computer and my sense is that somewhere, in the land of gadget obsessed Italy, I will be able to find an Internet cafe.) But my apologies to my 10s of fans for promising to blog and now, perhaps, retracting that promise. (I will if I can; if not, I will make notes in my diary and record it later. Almost like real writing!

1 comment:

Blueeyes said...

But what will I do without you for so long!?!?!?