Thursday, May 8, 2008

A stint in...










Stintino. Wanted to share my photos from my stay in Stintino, a fairly remote fishing village in the northwest part of Sardinia, near the famed beach La Pelosa (which is very small, so don't go there during high season. This was the most solitary part of my trip--I stayed in a wonderful family run hotel for 60 euros a night (you can see the photo above), and mornings, walked to the beach, which was about 3 kilometers away. Along the way, I passed other small beaches, fields of wild flowers, and was able to feast my eyes on views that got better and better (and water that got bluer and bluer) the closer I got to La Pelosa. I ate in the hotel restaurant, Il Silvestrino, every night. It was the best place in town and the food was outrageously good, from the flat bread drizzled with olive oil that began each meal to lobster marinated in spices, lime, lemon with a kick to it--but the sweetest lobster I've tasted. And of course, really nice wine: A sweet dessert or apertivo wine called Malavasia that I really loved, a port like red dessert wine the name of which I can't remember, and the reds, most commonly Cannanau. It's a good, solid red, but I like the Primitivos and Salice Salentino's of Puglia better.

Anyway, feast your eyes on the sensual snaps above.
Ciao--
Paola

P.S. Turned in "flap copy" for the book yesterday. Scary--it's the text that is going to help someone decide to either pick it up and buy it or pass on by. Waiting to hear what my editor thinks since I totally rewrote it, control freak (and professional editor) that I am.

No comments: