Monday, May 26, 2008

A weekend in the country...



















and I mean THE COUNTRY! I spent a few days up in the Catskills in the new house of my wonderful friends MP, Mathew and their adorable, genius-baby Connor. At 20 months, he knows and says the names of a roomfull of strangers in only a few minutes or so (and I think I'm exaggerating only a bit, if at all). Anyway, we hiked to a burbling creek that was literally burbling, did some amazingly productive brainstorming about our next projects (MP and I are midwives to the other person's ideas), barbecued, drank martinis, played with the baby and did some mighty fine porch sitting gazing at hills and cows and silos in the distance. I felt as if I'd stepped back in time--we visited an old cemetary full of families who had been there for generations and still lived in the town. Where ordinary people still own 500 acres of land. Coming back to the city (specifically Port Authority) was a shock, so I retreated to my apartment and am doing some summer sprucing!!! New print from Italy over my bed, new, poppy shower curtain.
Okay amici. Il tiempo mangiare e subito.
Ciao-
Paola

No comments: