Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm so lucky. I'm so happy....




It's so beautiful here, in spring. Every day is sunny, balmy, golden. Even when it rains, it seems the gray goes away within the hour. I had a really nice day today. Walked from Trastevere, my nabe, along the river to a neighborhood called Testaccio, which is a working class neighborhood that has become something of a night life mecca. It also has a big outdoor market, which I missed, but it was nice to go to another part of town and scope it out. And what could be nicer than walking along the river on a sunny, breezy day?
tonight, I went to a wine tasting course at a place called the Int'l Wine Academy by the Spanish steps. It was a lot of fun, though tasting 20 wines was a bit much. But now I"m safely home and ready to hit the sheets. And tomorrow I can begin it all again. I took lots of photos of Rome hotspots, becuase the light happened to be spectacular--so enjoy. Above, Campo di Fiore, Piazza Navona and a few other stops en route from Trastevere to the Spanish steps (where the wine tasting course was).
Buono serrata!
Paola

No comments: