Friday, June 15, 2007

Do you BELIEVE this is Queens?






Believe it! This is the kitchen and back garden of SELF's lovely director of copy, Wendy, who was nice enough to invite a few of us for lunch and wine (her husband works at a wine magazine, so that is a very good thing!) The two of them have managed to create a bucolic, Hamptonesque retreat (without the snootiness) in Forest Hills, Queens, complete with vegetable patch and a "cabin" transformed from a former garage. Proof that Queens in underrated as a borough.

So, I got through my first week at work, post Italia. I am very tired, but still have the wide, expansive happy feeling that I got off the plane with. Now I just have to figure out how find time to do my book and exercise!!!! (And maybe go on some dates. Maybe.)
Buona notte!
Paola

No comments: