Thursday, June 14, 2007

A waterbug the size of a baby shoe




Yes, I was on the phone when one crawled along my kitchen wall and disappeared behind the stove. It truly was as large as a small mouse. Guess it's time for the exterminator--one thing that didn't happen while I was in Italy.

There are some things you just need a man for:

1) To kill a giant waterbug
2) To put large boxes and suitcases on the top shelf of the closet
3) To get things down from that closet
4) To change high-off-the-ground light bulbs
5) To trouble shoot computer problems and often get them right!

Ah, it is still a sexist world out there. But I am lacking in many typically testosterone-fueled traits, including spatial relations (I have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know or have ever met) and upper body strength. (I have strong glutes, an estrogen-fueled trait). What can I do? I just wish there was someone available to kill this grotesquely huge waterbug!

Amore
Paola

2 comments:

Sophia said...

I love your blog! I went to Italy last year for two months in Tuscany. I went for a study abroad in which I knew no one and had to meet people. Reading your blog has reminded me of all the fun I had there and the great people I met. Thank you so much for writing it and letting me (and others) experience Rome with you.

Paula said...

Glad you like it! I'm having fun writing it!
P.