Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Woman in white



This is my friend and former SELF colleague Stephanie, who recently left the magazine to go to another magazine for a great 3-day a week gig. So now she is enjoying her twins, her husband, her life (and still has a great job). Go, Steph! I'm all for swerving off the crazy 9-7 work path; after two months in Italy, it's amazing how much better I feel. I think everyone should take a 2 month sabbatical every other year. Workplaces would be much more productive, employees would be much more relaxed.

So, I think I must have had the world's shortest stint of online dating. I tried it for a few days and found it dispiriting. That's the word--dispiriting. I felt my wonderful post-Rome glow fading the more I focused on match.com. So I made a decision: I'm not going to do it right now. I'll just have to meet someone the old fashioned way until I'm ready to dive into the internet world again. But as of now, I'm not ready. And I feel much better!
Ciao!
Paola

2 comments:

Spoon of life said...

You'll get there when you're ready...enjoy yourself now...and it's usually true that the moment we stop looking for something we find it;)

Baci:)

Maria

Paula said...

Maria--
You're a sweetie. I appreciate the encouragement! It doesn't feel like that right now, though.