Monday, August 20, 2007

Bayhead bliss on the Joisey Shoo-eh








Ciao amici--
I spent the weekend exploring an area I've long denigrated: New Jersey. Spent a weekend in Bayhead on the Jersey shore--one big Ralph Lauren ad with the blondest, most perfect looking people I've seen anywhere. I was majorly ethnic there. But I really liked it--how can you hate a beach where they rake the sand each morning so that it is soft and silky and free of wayward shells and seaweed? Stayed in an okay B&B (The Bentley), which made up for what it lacked in charm and luxury in great proximity to the beach, an amazing breakfast (omelettes with local produce, waffles, bacon), an assortment of bicycles and comfy beach chairs and great outdoor showers. Had some terrific seafood too, (lobster roll sandwich and raw oysters) at Red's Lobster Pot. Here on in, I shall vary my summer routine by inserting excursions to the Jersey Shore.

So. Fifth date with CL-3. Intense.

Buona notte--
Paola
P.S. To those in the know, I predict my first taste of stracciatella gelato since before Italy is approaching....

No comments: