Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mini renovations of the Bauhaus variety




I finally put up my last print--from the Bauhaus museum in Berlin--and the apartment is looking very spiffy. There should be a shelter magazine that only focuses on changes you can make to your space that don't require any structural changes or help from a contractor. I find that when you don't have a lot of money to spare, doing things like hanging a print can have a major impact. I may even move the position of my George Jenson 1950s multi-colored clock, which has been the inspiration for my entire decorating scheme, and late-in-life embrace of orange and turquoise. (My favorite color used to be plain old blue.) CL-3 was nice enough to hang the print for me, thus illustrating that however old fashioned and sexist it sounds, it is just so NICE to have a man to do a physical task that takes him 5 minutes and causes him to feel satisfaction when it would take you 30 minutes and get you thoroughly frustrated, not to mention sweaty. Yes, men are good for a lot of things. I am glad they are on the planet--they keep things interesting.
Ciao--
Paola

1 comment:

Billy said...

I'm so pleased that you like us here...just when I was scouting out Neptune!
Billy