Sunday, August 5, 2007

College reunion












Well, sort of. I spent the afternoon and evening with my friends Billy and Rosalind and their three wonderful kids--they live a block from the beach so that means swimming and sunning and all kinds of good summer stuff. And Billy made pizza--dough and all--in honor of my Italian sojourn--it was fantastic, especially the white pizza. As good as Roman, definitely.

If I'd grown up in Huntington Bay, well, I just might never haveleft Long Island! What's stronger in me--the city girl or the beach girl? I'm not sure. I couldn't live without either one for longer than a year, I don't think.

Had my second date of the weekend this morning--coffee at Cafe con leche. It was really nice--just so great to meet someone interesting and have intelligent conversation. My faith in men (and dating) is being restored. I guess I just have to cancel the online dating membership and stick to the messy democracy of free Craig's List, where the good ones pop up from the riff raff like jewels. Tomorrow evening? Date number 3!
Ciao--
Paola

P.S. I'm starting to feel as if "Paola" is my hot, dating alter ego....

No comments: