Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A life of leisure, langor and lust



















(Only kidding about the lust part, mom and dad.) So, I handed the book in a week and a day ago and I haven't experienced a giant, post-baby let-down. I still feel incrediby happy simply having done it, though the part I dread is coming up: the marketing part. I fear it for some reason. So, I'm giving myself a few weeks not to think about anything serious like that and am taking the opportunity to hang out with friends (that's the Off-Road Girls, above, simultaneously celebrating books and birthdays at my pad this past weekend.)
I'm still on a me-me-me buying spree; waiting to get a ring that I designed back from the jewelers, using a diamond from my grandmother's engagement ring. It seems an apt thing to do in celebration of the birth of my book (or the handing-in part, anyway). How long is it socially acceptable to celebrate?
Ciao amici!
Paola

No comments: