Saturday, December 29, 2007

A more capacious apartment




After two years on the waiting list, I am now the proud renter of a storage unit in the basement of my building (for $150 a year; shockingly cheap for NYC real estate). So I am spending a good part of the weekend staying in and moving all the boxes I haven't touched in two years in there. I also plan to go through files, store some and eke out more SPACE in my already relatively-roomy one bedroom. I like to think of it as freeing up space for someone to come into my life--rather than filling it, I am going to let it lie and see what ends up on the now-empty shelves. I'm getting New Age in my old age. I'm hoping that I can eventually coax someone who has better spatial relations skills than I to come and help me maximize the space; I'm hoping to fit my bike in there. But for now, feels good to have given a bunch of old stuff the old heave-ho.
Buona sera--
Paola
P.S. Those photos, above, are to document the extra space in my filing cabinet, walk-in closet and coat closet. Nice feeling.

2 comments:

Spoon of life said...

Wow that is a great deal for New York!!!

I hope you're doing great and I hope your 2008 will be fantastic!!!

Paula said...

you, too, Maria--buon anno!