Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A snowy Catskills New Year











You know you have a solid friendship with someone when you can hang out with them in the midst of their move to a new house (with a 15-month old) and everyone still enjoys one another--I guess that's what was confirmed for me this past weekend (though I always knew it). I ushered in 08 with my dear friends Mary-Patricia/Mary Pat/MP/Mia, Matthew and their genius baby Connor in their beautiful new home in New Kingston, New York, in the heart of the Catskills. I'm talking bucolic here. We did some organizing, went to a lovely New Year's gathering at a friend of theirs, in an incredibly beautiful and stylish house filled with art and my favorite kinds of warm colors, I read an excellent book (The Post-Birthday World, by Lionel Shriver), shoveled some snow (which was actually fun, since the snow was light and powdery and otherwise made a good start to 2008. This past year was one of my happiest, best ever, so I'm hoping for more of the same (though the skeptic in me worries there is nowhere to go from here but down....).
I guess my big resolution is to transform myself, physically, into an Oprah-worthy sexpert, whatever that means. (For one thing, I'm hiring a trainer.) Not to worry--you will see my efforts and the fruits thereof in these pages in the months to come.
Buon anno amici!
Paola

No comments: