Saturday, January 12, 2008

secrets of happiness editors



At work, we were asked to share a few of these. Here are some of mine.

Ever since I've been back from Italy (which is where I formed the habit), I've been buying lots of beautiful fruit--blood oranges, heirloom tomatoes, clementines and bananas (which I've always loved; they're the fruit most like ice cream, if that makes any sense. I eat them in the morning sliced on toasted cinamon bread with honey and chunky peanut butter (another happiness secret--give yourself something sweet, yet healthy and satisfying in the morning. No deprivation allowed.



Anyway, I arrange all this bounty in a beautiful bowl I got in Spain so I can see it and it also adds color and life to my apartment. I eat much more fruit this way, and it feels much more like a sensual pleasure as opposed to something I'm doing simply to be "healthy." And I don't beat myself up if I sometimes don't finish them all--guilt should have no place in the process of nourishing ourselves.

Ciao amici --
paola
above is the latest grandma via mother acquistion: It's a rose gold watch with diamonds and rubies; very delicate, very different. And they actually got it working. I love it.

No comments: