Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moments of truth

I'm back online, dipping my toe into the world of J-Date and Match.com, emailing people, though so far haven't met anyone. Boy, is it easier to date now than it was when I was 25 and the only way you could hope to meet someone was to hang out at parties you didn't want to be at and talk to strangers at bars. Now, interaction is just a click of a mouse away and I get to be snug on my couch with my turquoise cashmere throw over me.

I babysat for my nephews tonight, who are SO, SO cute. I got lots of hugs and snuggles and we played Sorry and ate pizza and watched Sponge Bob and a show called Josh and Drake (about a thin brother and a fat brother) and then watched the stupidest yet most oddly compelling game show called Moment of truth. This is how it works: Contestants sit in a chair, hooked up to a lie detector test, and they win money whenever they answer personal questions truthfully. So they ask questions like: Have you ever dented a car and driven away without leaving a note? which gradually progress to extremely personal relationship questions designed to break up marriages. For instance, tonight, this hot, dumb personal trainer contestant was asked: "Is the reason you and your wife have delayed having children because you doubt that you will be together in 5 years time. And he answered YES! With his wife sitting there. I've got to believe that they've worked this all out beforehand. In any case, I was watching it with a 3 year old, my nephews (10 and 8) and their best friend Asher, who is also 10, plus the mommy next door. The three year old asks: Mommy? What's plastic surgery? We probably shouldn't have been letting him watch it but it was pretty cute, not to mention amusing.

In the process of doing a late night load of laundry before I head off to Utah on Friday. Whoopee!! First real vacation since Italy. I hope to come back having moved a bit closer to my goal of getting a sexpert body.

Ciao--
Paola

No comments: