Thursday, January 31, 2008

A sexpert body is emerging, slowly but surely...




It's been four weeks since I've started exercising more seriously (working out with a trainer twice a week--the adorable cello-playing Paul Sanders--), upping my workouts from 3 times to 5 times a week, and, of course, going to a spa for four days and exercising my butt very enjoyably for five hours a day, hiking in these spectacular red canyons and over moon- and dessert-like terrain with geriatric but extremely fit leaders (I did the beginner hikes, I admit it). I also took Pilates, something called core conditioning which was amazing because it worked not just abs but shoulders and hips and chest, too; circuit training and my free weight workout. Do I sound like a stud or what?

I cannot say that the pounds are dropping off quickly. I lost only a pound or so, maybe a little more, but that plus all the exercise has kind of pushed me over the edge into emerging sexpert territory. I feel smaller, lighter, more energetic, stronger and more awake. It's all good from here, no matter how many pounds I still want to lose. Kind of a new way of looking at it--I'm getting closer to my goal and it feels attainable. Pretty cool feeling.
Ciao--
Paola

No comments: