Saturday, January 5, 2008

A new year, a new cold

Yes, I have been trapped in my apartment for days on end...this is my fifth day ailing. Good thing I like my pad. I have managed to schlep myself off to work, but have cancelled all social plans for evenings sitting home in front of my lap top with dumpling soup from Ollie's and pea soup from Gourmet Garage. That, plus Sudafed, Robitussin and Tylenol and my body should soon start resembling a living chemistry set.

I was supposed to see the Pissarro exhibit at the Jewish museum today but I cancelled. Instead, I'll read essays for my writing workshop next week, maybe start organizing for my taxes, which is going to be complicated this year because of my book, (though that seems over ambitious), and, as always, do laundry, my favorite procrastination task. It enables me to inhales lots of Mrs. Meyers' geranium scented laundry detergent, my favorite. It's worth the $14--really!

I'm excited that one of the contributors to my anthology, Susanna Sonnenberg got a rave review for her new memoir, Her Last Death, in the New York Times. Good for her, good for me. It's an amazing, unflinching, beautifully written memoir. Read it and marvel at the craziness of mothers and the resilience of daughters.
Ciao--
Paola
P.S.
I'm trying to get the link thing straight. Then I can truly join the blog-o-sphere!

No comments: