Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm kicking my own butt!






Julia and I started the day with the best of intentions--the alarm went off at 6:30, we got into our hiking gear and gamely made our way to the dining hall fully planning to hike. But the rain was coming down hard and it just seemed too unpleasant a way to spend a few hours of my vacation. So I went to the gym, did 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer, did a ton of free weights at the gym, then took a yoga class and, in the afternoon, a core conditioning class that was really challenging--a great workout. We did planks and sit ups where we sat up and threw/caught medicine balls and all kinds of wacky, strenuous stuff. Then, another massage, which was great, though I could barely have her press on my poor, sore-but-happy muscles. When it was all over the sun came out. Hoping it stays out so we can do some more hiking tomorrow, either at Zion or around here. I am SPENT but of course, in a good way.

Meanwhile, perhaps just because I'm on vacation pampering myself and away from my computer (mostly), I'm getting a flurry of internet dating activity. Hmmmm--wonder what it all means?

Ciao--
Your fitter and happier and healther blogger, Paola

No comments: