Friday, December 28, 2007

Spending spree, part 2

So, I'm still in reward myself mode. I hope this phase peters out soon, or it could be hazardous to my financial health. Latest treats to me: 12 personal training sessions for $850. If it's something I need to do to look good for my upcoming public speaking, can I tax deduct part of it? Seriously, any accountant types out there, please weigh in.
A new jacket with a hood made of an unidentifiable type of fur--incredibly warm and slim fitting and as sexy as a ski jacket can be.
Two pairs of black pants/jeans that fit like a glove.
So all things that are useful and that have staying power--it has been five years since I last bought a jacket, and 10 years since I've bought a coat. My cashmere coat was a giant splurge--$1000 at Filenes 10 years ago, but now I've had it for 10 years and it's going on strong as a reliable classic with style. My point: It pays to splurge on the stuff that you need and wear often and that is most visible--coats, shoes, bags. (Sorry--the woman's magazine editor part of me is getting a little carried away there!)
A spa day: $130 for a massage and $70 for two day passes to the gym at Reebok Sports Club L.A., an ultra luxurious health club that is almost worth the money--it feels as if you are going to a resort populated with beautiful yet kind people when you go to the gym.
A spa vacation for 4 days with an old friend.
$1000 toward my new ring.
Plus, various and sundry celebrations at nice restaurants. It has been quite fun but my bank account seems to be handling it. It's nice having 3 jobs--there's always a little extra money in the bank!

Buona notte amici--
Paola

No comments: