Sunday, December 16, 2007

The next best thing to a working fireplace




This is my week to enjoy heirlooms. This candelabra belonged to my father's parents, and for a while, it was sitting in a box on my book shelf, caked in black tarnish. So I sucked it up and brought it to a jeweler and had it professionally polished ($65!) and now I can enjoy it. It lends a little class to my humble pad.
I also picked up the ring I designed using the same grandmother's engagement ring. It is some SERIOUS bling and I have to get used to it on my finger. Sparkly. Shiny. BIG. (The diamond that is.) It feels a bit unseemly. But I think I'll get used to it (I hope).

Had a lovely, celebratory day yesterday, part of my two week post-book celebration. Went to Sports Club L.A. with my friend Millicent and we spent a good part of the day there, getting massages, sitting in the jacuzzi and working out. It was quite lovely and luxurious. Today, more lounging, some exercise, a bit of socializing, holiday card writing (which I never do, but I'm determined to get cards off to all of my writers--it's a professional duty!) and other assorted responsibilities with a dose of debauchery mixed in.

Ciao amici!
Paola

No comments: