Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Ring


This is where my limitations as a photographer become apparent: when trying to photograph a small object, indoors, without a flash. But, by popular demand, here is a photograph of the ring--or rather, the BLING--with which I rewarded myself for finishing my book. The diamond was in my grandma's engagement ring--I used that, chose two sapphires from Ceylon (hopefully they don't torture miners there the way they do in Africa), and designed it, from the band to the bevels. It's now the most expensive thing I own, other than my apartment, which I don't really own--the bank does.
I'm enjoying it. It feels warm and heavy on my finger. It's a nice reminder of my grandmother and of the great sense of achievement and happiness I feel about finishing this stage of the project.

Ciao, amici i buon anno!
Paola

No comments: