Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The breakup blues

Breakups SUCK. They're like a death--the loss can feel that sudden, that abrupt, that unnatural--but you don't get the sympathy that comes along with death. You just have to go on with your life and get over it, pretty quickly. The good news is that I always suffer, then, somehow, always seem to make a career leap. Why is this? I need to figure out how to make career leaps while in a good, healthy, stable, loving relationship, instead of when I'm out of one that wasless than that.
That's all I have to say on the subject. Not ready to bare my soul on (in?) the blog-o-sphere.

As for the Challenge, I faithfully worked out all weekend with the altercockers (spelling? Yiddish?) at my parents' retirement condo. The elliptical trainer at their complex is really tough--at my usual gym (Equinox), I do the elliptical on level 8; at the 55-plus workout center, I can only do level one. I'm not sure if it's the machine or I'm just prematurely aging in the surroundings! In any case, I moved my body every day, took a nice beach walk, watched some kite boarders (cool to look at; not for me) and spent some good time bonding with my nephew.

Talking with Jane Smiley tomorrow for my book. Love (most) of her stuff. Need to read her latest.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's just so much easier to focus on work when the relationship stuff is out of the way, but you're right, there's got to be a way to find that balance!