Friday, March 16, 2007

Chickened out


Well, I was supposed to get my fat measured, my cardio fitness assessed and every other part of me poked and prodded today as part of my Equifit test at Equinox, where I work out. Guess what? I bagged it. I'm just feeling too thin skinned right now. Instead, I skipped the health club, cranked at work, then took an Italian lesson with my lovely tutor Maria Riboli, an actress originally from the Le Marche region of Italy. The nice thing about studying a language is that it's very absorbing; it also reminds me that in a month's time, I will be heading to Rome for two solid months, the longest period of time I haven't worked in a 9-5 gig since college. That's the apartment I'm going to be staying in when I'm in Rome--nice light, beamed ceilings and it's in a lovely neighborhood of Rome known as Trastevere . Very typically Roman, with laundry fluttering from lines in the breeze, piazzas and fountains, tiny little streets and beautiful churches. And there's supposed to be a beautiful park and botanical garden along my street, so I may even be able to continue doing the Challenge while I'm there. If I finish all three months, I have a new bathing suit to look forward to, courtesy of my boss, Lucy Danziger , editor of SELF . So even though I skipped the gym today, I did manage to do a half hour of Pilates--counts for something! Ciao and buona notte!
Paola

No comments: