Thursday, March 29, 2007

Technophopbia and other fears

Of all the things I'm worried about when it comes to my upcoming 2 month trip to Rome, what worries me most is the technology: What if I get into my new apartment, plug in my computer (though of course I have to get an Italy compatible plug and power strip), and the wireless doesn't work. (The apartment is supposed to have wireless, but it's Italy--you never know!) Then I won't be able to work! Other things I am worried about, in no particular order:
1) That I won't be able to figure out skype
2) That I won't be able to figure out a way to get my clothes clean (my apartment doesn't have a washing machine or dryer, and apparently, that is very unusual--there are very few public laundromats--only one in Rome, or something like that).
3) That I won't be able to figure out how to make my cell phone work
4) That I will be lonely
5) That I will end up spending the entire two months hiding in my apartment

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the trip!

No comments: