Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Who says 13 is the unluckiest number?

Well, what started off as a bad day ended up as a pretty good day. I've been a bit weepy lately (you know, the breakup and all), but got myself to the gym to spin, and managed to last ALMOST the whole class (minus the stretching part; rather do that on my own. I stumbled out of there red and sweating, and this hot personal trainer took one look at me and said, "Now YOU look like you've had a workout!" I took that as a compliment. Then I weighed myself and I'm down 13 pounds. If I have to get out there in the dating world again (can't believe I do!), I need to feel good about my body. So I'm happy with the number 13--feels lucky to me.

Tomorrow I'm getting an "equifit" test at Equinox--basically, they measure your body fat, flexibility, cardio fitness, etc., etc. I've done it in the past, and generally, it makes me feel like a complete fitness failure, but I figure I might as well have a baseline measure--I've been working pretty hard for the last 3 months, so how out of shape can I be? (Not sure I want to find out the answer to that but I'm going forward.) Will share the results here, if they are not too mortifying.

Ciao!
Paola

No comments: