Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The joy of...laundry


I've always been a bit of a neatnik (okay, maybe even a little neater than that), but since the breakup, my apartment is positively sparkling: my laundry is done; any excess, unwearable clothes are dropped off at Good Will; the trash is empty, the recycling taken out. Part of it is that it's hard to be in my apartment, much as I love it, and just "be." My ex and I spent a lot of time here, and unfortunately, there are lots of associations. Unfortunately, I can't replace all my furniture, repaint and buy 3 new sets of bed linens (though I did splurge on an Italian duvet--see photo above). So I just have to get comfortable with everything again, and part of that is being here, but staying busy. I've always liked doing laundry anyway. I splurge on this ridiculously expensive detergent called Mrs. Meyers, which costs about $15, and comes in this wonderful geranium scent. I don't even know if real geraniums smell like that, but I like it. It makes my whole apartment smell good, not to mention my sheets and towels. Laundry gives me a sense of satisfaction with minimal effort and stress--almost instant gratification and I'm all about that. Plus, I get to meet people in my building, though I always seem to be down there with the most grouchy neighbors.
Anyway, gotta run put stuff in the dryer. Then, I WILL do my Pilates tape. I'm slacking off on workouts for the Challenge this week--work has been absolutely brutal.
Ciao.
Paola

No comments: