Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Buon giorno, Roma!





Well, I'm here! Arrived at around 9 PM last night (instead of 1 PM the way I was supposed to) but considering the weather, not too bad. I was initially shocked at the, well, diminutive size of the apartment, but all looks brighter in the morning, especially since I got my internet to work, I have a phone number and I went around with a friend of a friend this morning who proceeded to point out the best pizzeria, gelateria, etc., etc. I'm even decorating a bit, with these really cute cards that depict different walks all over Rome. I'm going to try a few tomorrow.

I'm tired, and am about to make my first supermarket run, but wanted to check in. It's sunny and in the 70s here. I'm living in Rome!!!!

2 comments:

Blueeyes said...

Hurray! Glad you made it -- you look tired but happy and relaxed.

Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures.

Love,
Ricki

Lauren said...

What a great first day, despite a few challenges! And I love that you're using the cards to decorate. Pics of your new abode when you get a chance, please! xx, Lauren