Friday, April 20, 2007

The highs...the lows





What a day. Had an incredibly moving experience in the Jewish museum in the synagogue in the old ghetto (uncharacteristically so, for me, when it comes to religion). A long history of Jews here, from before Pontus Pilate on up....

Had wonderful food today and some great interactions with shopkeepers, only in Italian. I need to study, because I feel as if I have the vocabulary of a 2 year old and it makes me feel so tongue tied.

I get frustrated and obsessive with technology--I can't get my photos to download from my camera to my computer. Not a big deal, but I've been sitting here trying over and over for two hours. So frustrating. There may never be photos on my blog again.

Okay--it's the next morning. For some strange reason, I was able to download photos--a veritable tour of Rome's hotspots. Enjoy!

I may go to Sienna for two days, Sunday and Monday. Looks beautiful and I want to see some art. Gotta start braving the public transport!

Buonno notte!
Paola

No comments: