Friday, April 6, 2007

A party girl's to do list

Tomorrow I am throwing a Roman-themed fete for myself in honor of my imminent departure. I'm ordering Italian from Carmines, making mozarella and tomato salad and having Italian pastry, gelato and nutella for dessert. It gives me a chance to see everyone before I leave for two months, and gives me a good excuse to organize and clean for the people that are coming to stay.

Here's what I still have to do for the party:
Buy soda, mixers
Buy cute paper plates (enivronmentally unsound, but I don't have a dishwasher)
Get ice
Make salad
vacuum
get in party mode

Here's what I still have to do to prep for Rome:
Everything
Well, that's not totally true--I've been getting chores done little by little. But I'm still going to slammed the two days before I leave getting Euros, making sure I have all the electronic stuff I need, packing. But I can't believe I am actually going to get to live in Rome for TWO months. It is starting to sink in--sun, food, quiet, art, wine, fun work, travel. Yippee!!!! Of course, all this anticipation is counteracted by a nagging worry: What if I go on the trip of my dreams and I don't like it? I wish I could ask Tal Ben-Shahar who teaches the science of happiness at harvard: What happens if you are actually going to get to fulfill a life dream (live in Rome, write a book)? I am feeling an enormous amount of pressure that I'd damn well better enjoy this opportunity. I wish I could kill my superego!

Ciao, ciao!
Paola

No comments: