Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why is the light here so beautiful?





Is it the golden color of the buildings? Or is Rome just suffused in a pink, peach,yellow glow? I don't know, but I wish I could bottle it and bring it back to NYC.
Had a more mellow day, today. Plenty of time to enjoy the light. Climbed to the top of Juniculum hill, a park with stunning views of all of Rome spread out across the river. Wandered around a bit and came upon some incredible villas--almost seemed like some kind of wealthy Roman suburb. Also passed by the American Academy in Rome--also gorgeous. How does one get invited to that thing, that's what I want to know!
Had an early dinner/snack in Piazza Sta Maria Trastevere--now I'm home for the evening and am actually going to do some WORK! I'm beat. I had visions of climbing up the hill to this park, then going for a run. Not happening. Climbing up to the park involves a steep hill and multiple steps of stairs--that was the workout! Take that SELF Challenge. I feel it in my legs. Now, if I could only get my CD thingie unjammed in my computer, I could actually do some yoga and exercise tapes--I'm waiting for all your wonderful comments with incisive technological advice! Please!
Ciao!
Paola

No comments: