Sunday, April 8, 2007

Party post-mortem


Or, as they say in Italian, la prossima matina (the next morning). Actually, it's nearly 6 pm and I haven't left my lair all day. I've been talking on the phone with friends, rehashing the night, cleaning, even doing part of an exercise tape (I'm not totally forgetting the Self Challenge). I think last night was my favorite party of all the ones I've thrown: The perfect number of people (40), terrific, unfussy comfort food (courtesy of Carmine's), good conversation and free-flowing liquor. (Those are my college friends, Billy and Rosalind, in my miniscule kitchen, above. As you can see, shoes are off, party is winding down nicely. It made me feel so happy to be able to see all my friends before I leave for Italy. And it also made me realize how much this thing I"m doing--taking two months to work on a book in Rome--is worth celebrating. It is finally sinking in. I feel happier than I have in months--I'm announcing that in my blog. So, thanks for coming--those of you who are reading--and tune in for more travels and travails.

Ciao, ciao!
Paola

2 comments:

Billy said...

I just wonder if after April 15th you will need to change the name to "paoladerrow.blogspot.com"...

Unknown said...

I am a Self reader and I live in Rome. I am actually doing the Challenge this year and it is tough since we don't have the healthy/low fat stuff over here! You will really love Rome, especially if you are only here for two months. Your Internet may not work, and you might miss the comforts you have in the US but it will be a great experience!