Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Four days and counting!

I have two more days at SELF and then I am going to Rome for two months. Can't believe it. I'm tying up loose ends all over the place but can't bring myself to start packing yet. I think I'm going to have to be satisfied with gathering everything, making lists, and then waiting til the day before. There's something about packing for a two month period that feels overwhelming.

Otherwise, I am feeling ready to go. Trying to beat the last bit of a lingering three-week cold and cough out of me with antibiotics, doing last minute dry cleaning, saying my goodbyes, studying maps. Kind of wild. And, of course, I'm actually going to have to do some work over there. I already have two social plans for my first week, which feels nice--I won't be sitting in total isolation. Someone commented on my last blog post that my internet may not work, but I'll love Rome. Suffice it to say, since I'm there to work as well as experience life's sensual pleasures (I'm talking about the food! The sun! The gesticulating people! Not those kinds of sensual pleasures!) if my wireless connection doesn't work, I am going to absolutely FREAK out.

As for doing the SELF Challenge (which I am supposed to be blogging about) it has fallen by the way side this week with my chest cold--not a good thing, since I'm going to be out of my routine in Rome. I'm going to try and make sure to do some exercise tapes this weekend, and am going to bring a few exercise DVDs with me to do from my computer if all else fails (if I can't find a good place to run or workout). I read in Time Out Rome that there is a yoga studio in Trastevere, but not sure how well I'll do given my ultra-beginner language skills.

I'm complaining a lot, but actually, I'm VERY excited.
Ciao!
Paola

No comments: