Wednesday, April 18, 2007




This is the view from out my window. I feel so lucky. I spent about 7 hours wandering the city today, buying odds and ends, revisiting favorite spots (the Pantheon!!! Always amazing)exploring my neighborhood (strolled the nearby botanical gardens, which, like all things Roman, are a bit rundown but beautiful in their decreptitude); hit all the major hot spots (the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo De Fiori) and had some good food along the way, of course. It's amazing how far away things look on the map here, but when you start walking, nothing takes much longer than 20 minutes. Here, the closest bridge to the main part of Rome, Ponte Sisto, during late afternoon, temperature low 70s...sorry to rub it in. The light here is like nowhere else. I'm so happy. How am I ever going to get work done? All I want to do is walk and walk and walk!
Ciao!
Paola

No comments: